Believe it or not, I used to be somebody who used to study philosophy specially under people like Alan Watts and Terence McKenna. With philosophers like that you come across this theme I’m trying to figure out what reality is. Since I got born again, I’ve come to wonder and learn a little bit about What does the Bible say about Reality? After a few months of just reading and learning the Bible I’ve come to learn that: Reality is not only created, but more than what we can see with our eyes, and on a very short timeline.
Created, not Happenstance
The Bible is a very interesting book, and when it comes to creation it starts out: Genesis 1.1 KJV “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.” (mind you it doesn’t explain how God is, Just that he is. Unlike any other religion), and then spends an entire chapter walking the reader through the process God went through. to create earth, day and night, Water on earth and at the edge of our solar system (above the heavens)(water in space found here), From there God creates the herbs of the field and then stars, sun and moon(yes, after day and night). Now I’m not going to be discussing today the gap theory. Just merely to run you through the process God went through, And how that defines the reality you live in whether you believe it or not.
Not always seen
One the most fascinating things that you’ll find out if you look into any religion even atheism which recognizes science as its primary authority for life has things in it that aren’t purely physical what I mean by that is in Buddhism you’re really focusing on spirituality in science you come across something called metaphysics which is science that isn’t exactly able to be explained in the confines of basic physics. The Bible even touches on this Hebrews 11.1 KJV] “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” When you’re hoping for something that’s faith atheist hopes that it took millions of years or billions of years whatever they say nowadays for things to progressively develop. Based on the factor that they don’t want to admit that God is real and that they may not like what he has to say. The evidence is what comes of it in the part of life that you can’t see. Meaning that when you strive for something in your life and you put a lot of time and energy into that you don’t see what all comes from it until the result is there. We live in such a day and age that everyone is after this instant result that they just want it and they want it now period and that’s not always the case and when people don’t get that in their lives they don’t know what to do. With most of the world being deceived 2 Corinthians 4.4 KJV “In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.” It’s tough for people to truly understand what being saved is when they don’t see heaven and hell right in front of them, some people can grasp the facts beyond that they have to accept Jesus Christ, there’s no other way into heaven the Bible says Ephesians 2.8-9 KJV “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” It’s hard for people to admit that no matter what the sin is it is what’s keeping them from getting into heaven and getting into a right relationship with the creator of everything the God of this universe.
On a timeline
The entire world has been on a timeline since the beginning of its creation and has different time periods with books belonging to each.
1. Creation period (Genesis 1-3) Salvation was based on not eating the fruit of the tree.
2. Conscience period (Genesis 4-50, The book of Job was written during this time.) Salvation was based off how well people acted according to their conscience.
3. The Law was given by God (Exodus- Malachi) Salvation is based on the law given to Moses (The sure mercies with David- Should have been stoned to death for his sin)
4. First coming (Time of John the Baptist) Repentance and Baptism for the nation of Israel to remain the people of God (Matthew-John) Dealing with Jews and Christians.
5. Church Age (New Testament after Gospels)
· General Epistles (Acts, Hebrews-Revelation) Books for the apostles dealing with Jews and Christians.
· Pauline Epistles (Romans- Philemon) Books to the Gentiles, non-Jew Christians. This is the day and age we live in, meaning salvation is by faith alone PLUS NOTHING.
6. Second Coming (End Time verses) (Matthew- Acts- Hebrews-Revelation) Fulfillment of prophecy concerning the end of days. The coming of the Messiah will bring the end of days, considering the First time he came there wasn’t an end of days.
7. Kingdom/ Millennium (Verses on The Kingdom) Salvation by works not faith, meaning enduring to the end and not giving to the antichrist corruption.
What does this mean for you?
This means you are in a period of grace granted by God that allows for you to simply get saved by believing on The Lord Jesus Christ for your salvation. (no matter your background, history or righteousness (good deeds). The Bible makes it so simple for you to be saved Romans 10.9-10 KJV “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
Will you change your reality today by believing what the Bible has to say if you don’t accept Christ as your savior? Revelation 20.15 KJV “And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.” Don’t burned today, Listen to what the Bible has to say.